Trying to refind a journal article
Add Reply
Pro Plyd
2024-10-11 04:40:03 UTC
I use the browsers "Epic" and "Brave" which can
be set to not save history. Was just starting
to read an article, something about how "other"
"theories" of evolution get around (theories as
in, kook stuff, creationist, etc). Power blipped,
pc restarted. Dang, no history.

It was a journal of some kind, kinda pretty sure the
journal title was "Cell-something". I think it was
a 2024 article.

Can't find it again. Does this ring a bell with
anyone? Probably not enough to go on...
RonO
2024-10-11 15:57:49 UTC
Post by Pro Plyd
I use the browsers "Epic" and "Brave" which can
be set to not  save history. Was just starting
to read an article, something about how "other"
"theories" of evolution get around (theories as
in, kook stuff, creationist, etc). Power blipped,
pc restarted. Dang, no history.
It was a journal of some kind, kinda pretty sure the
journal title was "Cell-something". I think it was
a 2024 article.
Can't find it again. Does this ring a bell with
anyone?  Probably not enough to go on...
Second attempt to post:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andreamorris/2024/06/14/evolution-may-be-purposeful-and-its-freaking-scientists-out/

Something on "purposeful" evolution. His example of the adaptive immune
system essentially means that "purpose" is just the random development
of something that works to do something that can be selected for. The
random mutations are not directed, but they just produce something that
can be identified as working better to bind to an antigen. Nearly all
of the millions of attempts are failures.

For evolution to work every change has to work within what already
exists. If a new function is created, that new function has to work
within what already exists. That is not purposeful, it is just reality.

Ron Okimoto
Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 04:15:13 UTC
Post by RonO
Post by Pro Plyd
[...]
Thanks for checking. The Forbes article isn't it
but is interesting.

One other thing I recall is that the banner
on that page had green on it. (if that doesn't
pin it down nothing will!)

Oh well. Came across it by chance, might rediscover
it by chance.
Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 03:18:53 UTC
Post by RonO
Post by Pro Plyd
[...]
Thanks for taking a look-see. That isn't it but
it is worth reading. One other thing I recall
about the page was there was green in the banner
at the top of the page.

Oh well. Came acrossed it by chance, might
happen again.
Pro Plyd

RonO