Oklahoma IDiots
Add Reply
RonO
2024-04-14 14:38:34 UTC
There was a news report that I saw claiming that two Oklahoma house
bills passed the State Senate and had been sent to the Governor, but in
looking into the situation it looks like the bills haven't made it out
of committee at this time. I found records of an Oklahoma HB3543 (the
same number as the ID act) but it passed the Senate in 2022 and was sent
to the Governor, but it seems to be a different bill. There is a record
for the 2024 HB3543, but as of 2/06/2024 it was still in committee. The
report I saw was in March, so the Feb report may be old data, but I
haven't herd anything about what the Governor did.

https://legiscan.com/OK/bill/HB3543/2024

The 2022 HB3543 was a free speech in higher education bill. The IDiots
may have rewritten it to include the ID scam junk.

I found an article claiming that HB3122, HB3543, and HB1984 did not make
it out of committee (Mar. 6th), but it maybe claiming that just one of
the bills involving hiring public school chaplains did not make it out
of committee.

https://www.aol.com/bills-hire-chaplains-public-schools-120434888.html

Ron Okimoto
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2024-04-14 15:32:14 UTC
Post by RonO
[...]
Do public schools have chaplains in the USA? That seems strange in a
country with no established religion. I don't think it would be
possible in France, for example.
--
Athel -- French and British, living in Marseilles for 37 years; mainly
in England until 1987.
RonO
2024-04-14 16:58:30 UTC
Post by RonO
https://www.aol.com/bills-hire-chaplains-public-schools-120434888.html
Ron Okimoto
The article indicates that Oklahoma was trying to do something that
Texas did. Apparently public schools in Texas can have chaplains, but
the question is how many religious beliefs do they have to support.
Some Satanic group is challenging in Texas.

Ron Okimoto
jillery
2024-04-15 04:31:28 UTC
Post by RonO
https://www.aol.com/bills-hire-chaplains-public-schools-120434888.html
Ron Okimoto
In the U.S., there are usually school counselors, some of whom may
incidentally also be chaplains. However, there can be no official
position of "chaplain" in U.S. public schools.

To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge
Athel Cornish-Bowden
2024-04-15 07:56:37 UTC
Post by jillery
[...]
Slipping god in by the back door?
--
Athel -- French and British, living in Marseilles for 37 years; mainly
in England until 1987.
Zen Cycle
2024-04-23 13:28:57 UTC
Post by RonO
https://www.aol.com/bills-hire-chaplains-public-schools-120434888.html
Ron Okimoto
In the U.S., there are usually school counselors, some of whom may
incidentally also be chaplains. However, there can be no official
position of "chaplain" in U.S. public schools.
It's only a matter of time. DEsantis signed law allowing "volunteer"
positions.

https://apnews.com/article/florida-ron-desantis-religion-education-government-d7694c5040cfec89c5edd256af1a96cc

the loophole here is that they aren't being paid, but they are in fact
"offical" positions.

Couple that with the explicit christo-fascist edict of of DJT - "we must
make america pray again" (spoken when hawking his new bibles to his rubes)

The operative phrase there is "must make".

IOW - there is no more veil for the christian nationalists to hide
behind. They want the 1st amendment clause "Congress shall make no law
respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free
exercise thereof" removed.

They "must make" Americans pray to their god.
jillery
2024-04-24 05:52:54 UTC
Post by RonO
[...]
By packing SCOTUS with those who think it's OK to lie for Jesus, Trump
and his toadies have guaranteed a legacy of destroying separation of
Church and State.

--
To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge