UFO Detector Going Nuts
Add Reply
JTEM
2024-09-12 03:22:41 UTC

This is just simple enough, and mundane enough to make
me think that it's real...

And I like his exceptionally simple UFO detector.

Neodymium Magnet.

That's it.

On a string or cord. Any sudden magnetic waves about,
like from a FLYING SAUCER and the thing moves!

You should be able to construct an equally simple device
for detecting changes in gravity.

How?

Weight!

Get a scale. Put something on it. That something should
always weigh the same. But if it gets lighter or heavier
we're looking at some sort of gravity thingie going on.

Yes, "Thingie" is a technical term.

Anyhow, that thingie might be a FLYING SAUCER with one
of those fabled anti-gravity drives...

There are scales available with large digital readouts,
so this is doable, off the shelf. Yes you'd have to be
present and see the display suddenly change, but the same
is true for your Neodymium Magnet dangling from the
ceiling...

What i imagine is that the magnet starts moving, as this
man reports, AND THEN you go check the scale, see if
there's any changes in weight...

So you want a scale that measure pretty small... three or
four decimal points after the ounce.

At least milligrams, right? Smaller down if you can get
it.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 04:34:24 UTC
JTEM wrote:
We all hope you get the care you so urgently
need. They say neo-dumb-ian poisoning is
painful.

At least you are aware of your condition. Best
wishes for a speedy recovery.
JTEM
2024-10-15 01:02:20 UTC
Post by Pro Plyd
We all hope
How many people are you?

And why did a post about testing ideas trigger you?
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
JTEM
2024-10-14 05:51:06 UTC
Post by Pro Plyd
We all hope you get the care you so urgently
need. They say neo-dumb-ian poisoning is
painful.
You were triggered by a magnet. Wow.

That's pathetic.

"He talked about a magnet! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU!"

Why, you little Greta you!

You can't see it, can you? The absurdity of you reaction;
you can't glimpse it at all. That's funny.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 03:28:17 UTC
JTEM wrote:
We all hope you get the treatment you so
urgently need. Best wishes for a speedy
recovery.

(kudos on being aware of your condition)
Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 04:03:58 UTC

Pro Plyd
2024-10-14 04:13:29 UTC

JTEM
2024-10-15 16:16:47 UTC
Post by Pro Plyd
We all hope you get the care you so urgently
need.
"We"

So you parade a multiple personality disorder but it's
everyone else who needs care...

I like testing ideas. That's science. That's setting
aside what "Looks" wrong or even stupid and not
assuming knowledge. You TEST ideas, you don't merely
decide that something isn't worth testing.

This isn't the dark ages. You're not supposed to be
an ignorant peasant.

And I like examples that the fakers dismiss on
prejudice, pretending that they're being "Science"
or doing "Science" or whatever it is you like to
pretend.

BECAUSE it's real easy when you take it serious. It's
real easy when you're interested in a topic, and you
don't know an answer AND YOU KNOW THAT YOU DON'T HAVE
THE ANSWER but you want the answer... it's real easy
to test ideas. It's real easy to formulate a hypothesis
of sorts, make a prediction on how something should
turn out, if correct, and then test for that result. It's
real easy when you're open to finding an answer.

It's not so easy when your bias is showing.

So that's why I like these examples, I LOVE these examples.
Not because you're so perfect but because you are so
astoundingly lazy. You assume. You place your bias first.
You yield to headlines, what you perceive as authority.
AND you can get away with that only so long as your bias
closely matches the common or popular bias.

But...

Stray from the mainstream just a little and you can't
hide it. "Science" is absent from you, from your thinking.
Testing actually offends you, as it did in this case.

That's what I did, talk about testing ideas...

Some UFO guy thinks flying saucers create electromagnetic
fields, so he hung a magnet to detect such an
electromagnetic field, or at least any changes to the one
already around him.

He's more "Science" than you.

Sure he could go further. Sure you can claim that it's still
"Woo" because though the effect is present the answer -- "It
has to be a flying saucer!" -- is somewhat of an extraordinary
claim when more "Earthly" answers would do. But instead of
refining things, deconstructing the problem, coming up with
further tests which might be consistent with or exclude an
answer, you wet your pants.

Typical.
--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5