How do we solve evil?
Add Reply
JTEM
2024-04-21 19:22:31 UTC
So how do we "Solve" evil?

I don't think we do. In fact, I don't think we even know
what it is.

Does it exist?

How do we define evil?

I just Googled it. Google told me that "Evil" is profoundly
immoral and wicked.

I Googled "Wicked": Evil and morally wrong.

So that's useless.

I mean, isn't "Immoral" being morally wrong?

The definitions are entire circular!

Maybe we stick with morals? An "Evil" person is an immoral
one?

But "Morals" are a sliding scale. They have changed
SIGNIFICANTLY over the years and we can rest assured that
they'll keep changing...morphing.

You know the first man executed here in the Commonwealth
of Massachusetts was convicted of bestiality?

I think they decided to spare the animal though, if memory
serves, which was NOT always the case. I think tradition
called for the execution of both parties.

For most of human history it was perfectly moral to
reproduce with your sister. Or daughter. This is one fact
that inserts ambiguity into Neanderthal data, determining
how individuals are related...

Egyptian mummies?

I'm certain that at least one great Pharaoh married his
mom: Akhenaten. I'm convinced that Queen Tiye, his mom,
and Nefertiti (his wife & queen) were the same person.

So, let's start with a definition.

HOW DO YOU DEFINE "EVIL?"
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
Zen Cycle
[...]