WTF???
Bob Casanova
2024-08-05 14:51:58 UTC
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
John Harshman
2024-08-05 15:17:18 UTC
Don't see it myself.
FromTheRafters
2024-08-05 15:43:21 UTC
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Kestrel Clayton
2024-08-05 16:13:43 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Quite possible. I use Eternal September as well.
--
[The address listed is a spam trap. To reply, take off every zig.]
Kestrel Clayton
but I'm not so fond of him any more.
Mark Isaak
2024-08-09 01:38:56 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Seems likely. I use E-S and experience the problem, too.
--
Mark Isaak
"Wisdom begins when you discover the difference between 'That
doesn't make sense' and 'I don't understand.'" - Mary Doria Russell
Pro Plyd
2024-08-10 01:47:52 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Big time. Disk issues. If you're using E-S, subscribe to

eternal-september.support

for the gory details.
Bob Casanova
2024-08-10 06:47:32 UTC
On Fri, 9 Aug 2024 19:47:52 -0600, the following appeared in
Post by Pro Plyd
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Big time. Disk issues. If you're using E-S, subscribe to
eternal-september.support
for the gory details.
Thanks. That seemed to be the consensus, but it's good to
have confirmation.

Computers; stuff happens.
--
Bob C.

'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"

- Isaac Asimov
Kestrel Clayton
2024-08-10 17:28:22 UTC
Post by Pro Plyd
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Must be an E-S newsserver glitch.
Big time. Disk issues. If you're using E-S, subscribe to
eternal-september.support
for the gory details.
Thanks. That seemed to be the consensus, but it's good to
have confirmation.
Computers; stuff happens.
And lucky for me it does; otherwise, I'd be out of a job...
*Hemidactylus*
2024-08-05 22:36:16 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
Don't see it myself.
Our server isn’t doing it I guess. I did notice a server outage and the
entire Giganews website down a week or so ago.
FromTheRafters
2024-08-05 15:42:16 UTC
Happened here too, I had to mark all as read.
Kestrel Clayton
2024-08-05 16:13:10 UTC
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
It's not just you.

(I'm using Thunderbird 115.13.0, if that helps.)
Ernest Major
2024-08-05 16:54:14 UTC
Post by Kestrel Clayton
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
It's not just you.
(I'm using Thunderbird 115.13.0, if that helps.)
Happened here as well. As suggested elsethread likely a glitch at
Eternal September.
alias Ernest Major
André G. Isaak
2024-08-05 17:34:33 UTC
Post by Ernest Major
Post by Kestrel Clayton
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
It's not just you.
(I'm using Thunderbird 115.13.0, if that helps.)
Happened here as well. As suggested elsethread likely a glitch at
Eternal September.
Ditto. But not only did a bunch of old articles reappear; it most of the
groups I subscribe to the article count is also screwed up (that is,
it's claiming there are 100s or 1000s of unread articles when in fact
there are none).

André
--
To email remove 'invalid' & replace 'gm' with well known Google mail
service.
DB Cates
2024-08-05 17:59:25 UTC
Post by Ernest Major
Post by Kestrel Clayton
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
It's not just you.
(I'm using Thunderbird 115.13.0, if that helps.)
Happened here as well. As suggested elsethread likely a glitch at
Eternal September.
Almost certainly. I use Thunderbird and use E-S (unfiltered) and it got
all the repeats, and Solani (lots of filters and what I normally read)
where no extras turned up.
Don Cates ("he's a cunning rascal" PN)
Bob Casanova
2024-08-06 04:50:17 UTC
On Mon, 5 Aug 2024 12:59:25 -0500, the following appeared in
Post by DB Cates
Post by Ernest Major
Post by Kestrel Clayton
Post by Bob Casanova
OK, so how did 123 posts from 2-5 weeks back get reposted?
Or did my newsreader screw up?
It's not just you.
(I'm using Thunderbird 115.13.0, if that helps.)
Happened here as well. As suggested elsethread likely a glitch at
Eternal September.
Almost certainly. I use Thunderbird and use E-S (unfiltered) and it got
all the repeats, and Solani (lots of filters and what I normally read)
where no extras turned up.
Sounds like the consensus is an E-S screwup. Not the first;
won't be the last. FWIW, all the filters worked; everything
in the repost list was a normal "allow". But that's local
via Agent, not through E-S.

Thanks, all.
--
Bob C.