Aliens. The more likely scenario
JTEM
2024-09-05 19:22:03 UTC
If civilizations are out there, if they exist in appreciable
numbers even if not density...

And if any variant of the Panspermia is true, they have to
be. That's just the way it is. Assume some flavor of
Panspermia is true and that makes life abundant, ubiquitous.
And if life is ubiquitous than civilization must be popping
up in appreciable numbers, even if not an appreciable
density...

So if civilizations are out there, they could start detecting
life on earth, oh, somewhere north of 2 billion years ago.

Many would argue more than a billion years before that, but
I like that number. Nice and round, that, and it coincides
with the Great Oxidation Event, so we know life was pretty
abundant at that time. Yeah, let's go with 2 billion years...

So 2 billion years. That's 2,000 million years. At one probe
(ship?) sent towards us every million years, there's been
THOUSANDS sent to our solar system. Thousands.

There's been roughly 65 since the dinosaurs went extinct, and
two to three just since the genus Homo arose...

Want to look for aliens? Look here.

"The earth is to geologically active. Even if we knew the
exact spot one landed (crashed) 80 million years ago, that
spot may not still exist."

True.

So maybe the best place to look would be out in our solar
system, not on the surface of the earth...

LANDING a probe on the surface makes things infinitely
tougher! Gravity. Volcanic activity. Oceans. Climate. Etc.

Now you've got to start building more & more intricate
scenarios, more specific, detailed, and vastly more difficult
to test. So, just look in space. Look to our solar system.

DIGITAL CLOCK

If you found a small chunk of a digital clock you very likely
would be unable to guess what it was, what it came from. But
you certainly would know that it's man made.

The same would be true of alien tech.

An old probe getting battered out in the solar system for
millions of years may be reduced to fragments. But a fragment
is all we need. A fragment all by itself tell us, "We are
not alone."
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
2024-09-05 23:07:17 UTC
Post by JTEM
[...]
So was that a fossilized cylindrical battery, or a jellyfish?

I am thinking that was 'In Search Of' with Leonard
Nimoy.
JTEM
2024-09-06 03:46:12 UTC
Post by x
So was that a fossilized cylindrical battery, or a jellyfish?
I am thinking that was 'In Search Of' with Leonard
Nimoy.
Shows like that served their purpose. They opened people to
new ideas, "Inspired." And they people those shows inspired
have already gown up & educated, inspired a second generation.
Don't downplay what Leonard Nimoy and that show accomplished.
We may have moved way beyond them, but until our culture first
moved to them.

Now pull your head out of your past. It's meant to be
foundation on which to build on, this past, not a prison
trapping you.
--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5