Firebird problem, Take II
JTEM
2024-06-07 18:35:24 UTC
I know I'm wasting my time. The problem with dealing with
the mentally ill is that you have no idea how fucked up
you are. Sure, you're probably familiar with a diagnosis
but to you it's all imaginary... the psychologist doesn't
know what he's talking about... you're perfect!

Right?

So Firebird doesn't want to scroll, at least not in any
useful manner.

Here's a picture of my screen which, up until now, the
collective has insisted can't exist (you are INSANE!)

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048

Now that's the first 10 headers but let's say that the
post I'm looking for is, oh, maybe 40 headers down. There
is no smooth, steady means to scroll down. It leaps,
maybe past where I want to go, skips over God-knows-how-
many posts...

This is a problem because I would very likely NOT know
where a post is. It may be 40 down but it's not like
someone sent a carrier pigeon to inform me of that fact.
I'm just scrolling, looking...

Anyway, proving that mental illness has no limits, the
collective reacted to a previous inquiry with the usual
infantile taunts & declarations of superiority, precisely
what it's extensive narcissistic personality disorder
dictates.

This is real. You are THAT far gone. Everything triggers
you. You can't deal with anything.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
FromTheRafters
2024-06-07 21:55:16 UTC
Post by JTEM
[...]
Thunderbird? or Firebird?

Thunderfox?
erik simpson
2024-06-07 22:22:56 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Post by JTEM
[...]
Note that his post isn't a reply to anybody. So he must be talking to
himself.
JTEM
2024-06-07 23:14:09 UTC
Post by erik simpson
Note that his post isn't a reply to anybody.
Lol! You're fucking useless... worthless... retarded!

It was "in reply to" you, the collective.

Moron.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
FromTheRafters
We know, there's no need to sign as such.
JTEM
2024-06-08 13:03:51 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
We know
If you knew anything, would you STILL be doing this?

You get triggered by EVERYTHING and the problem isn't me,
it's the fact that you can't keep this fantasy of
relevance going when I'm around.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
jillery
2024-06-08 04:19:35 UTC
On Fri, 7 Jun 2024 15:22:56 -0700, erik simpson
Post by erik simpson
Note that his post isn't a reply to anybody. So he must be talking to
himself.
He gets really funny when he argues with himself.

To know less than we don't know is the nature of most knowledge
JTEM
2024-06-08 05:09:33 UTC
Post by jillery
He gets
Do you even know what triggered you THIS TIME, or is it
like every other time you lash out?
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
Kerr-Mudd, John
2024-06-08 08:23:05 UTC
Post by erik simpson
Note that his post isn't a reply to anybody. So he must be talking to
himself.
He gets really funny when he argues with himself.
As we're all just (mentally ill) nym's for his anti-self; it must be a
vain wish to get any meaningful response.

It's a cry for attention, as always.
Bah, and indeed Humbug.
JTEM
2024-06-08 13:02:33 UTC
Post by Kerr-Mudd, John
As we're all just (mentally ill) nym's
I asked a question about the newsreader. Instead of acting
civil, much less intelligent, you chose this. How many
more attempts to rescue your dignity that never existed?

You're fucked up. You're seriously fucked up. The collective
is never going to convince anyone but itself that it's not
a major fucked up idiot.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
JTEM
2024-06-07 23:10:12 UTC
Post by FromTheRafters
Thunderbird? or Firebird?
Thunderfox?
The subject line alone threw you into a tizzy.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-07 22:17:00 UTC
Post by JTEM
I know I'm wasting my time. The problem with dealing with
the mentally ill is that you have no idea how fucked up
you are.
Great. Now try a little introspection.
Post by JTEM
Sure, you're probably familiar with a diagnosis
but to you it's all imaginary... the psychologist doesn't
know what he's talking about... you're perfect!
Right?
So Firebird doesn't want to scroll, at least not in any
useful manner.
Here's a picture of my screen which, up until now, the
collective has insisted can't exist (you are INSANE!)
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048
Why is the window so small? A normally sized window should be able to
fit 40 headers. You might also want to try changing to a threaded
display, which would show more in fewer lines.
JTEM
2024-06-07 23:12:12 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Post by JTEM
I know I'm wasting my time. The problem with dealing with
the mentally ill is that you have no idea how fucked up
you are.
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean? Give me some examples.

I gave you one:

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048

There. The 10 headers your mental illness said weren't there...

Now it's your turn. You want to pretend that you have some
point to make? Make it. Stop merely PRONOUNCING and prove
it, for the first time in your useless life.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-08 00:42:27 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Post by JTEM
I know I'm wasting my time. The problem with dealing with
the mentally ill is that you have no idea how fucked up
you are.
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean?  Give me some examples.
I mean "know thyself".
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048
There. The 10 headers your mental illness said weren't there...
Now it's your turn. You want to pretend that you have some
point to make?  Make it. Stop merely PRONOUNCING and prove
it, for the first time in your useless life.
I did, but you snipped it. Again:

Can't you enlarge the window? What you show is much smaller than what I
can see in Thunderbird.

If you View/Sort by as threaded rather than unthreaded that too would help.
DB Cates
2024-06-08 00:51:29 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Post by John Harshman
Post by JTEM
I know I'm wasting my time. The problem with dealing with
the mentally ill is that you have no idea how fucked up
you are.
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean?  Give me some examples.
I mean "know thyself".
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048
There. The 10 headers your mental illness said weren't there...
Now it's your turn. You want to pretend that you have some
point to make?  Make it. Stop merely PRONOUNCING and prove
it, for the first time in your useless life.
Can't you enlarge the window? What you show is much smaller than what I
can see in Thunderbird.
If you View/Sort by as threaded rather than unthreaded that too would help.
He's also complaining about the scrolling. Perhaps he should check trhe
mouse behaviour for scrolling settings.
Don Cates ("he's a cunning rascal" PN)
*Hemidactylus*
It’s JTEM so…
erik simpson
He's getting responses. That's always a mistake.
JTEM
2024-06-08 05:03:39 UTC
Post by erik simpson
He's getting responses.
I own you. You see "SEE" and what little excuse for a brain
you have switches off.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
JTEM
2024-06-08 01:36:24 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Post by John Harshman
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean?  Give me some examples.
I mean "know thyself".
That wasn't an example. Give some examples.
Post by John Harshman
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048
There. The 10 headers your mental illness said weren't there...
Now it's your turn. You want to pretend that you have some
point to make?  Make it. Stop merely PRONOUNCING and prove
it, for the first time in your useless life.
You didn't.
Post by John Harshman
Can't you enlarge the window?
Post by John Harshman
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean? Give me some examples.
Now you pretend that asking about enlarging a window is an
example of a lack of introspection?

Look. You're dirt. You're massive fucked up and not just
stupid. Because, you moron, even if I enlarged the window
that would not nor could not improve it's ability to
scroll. The scrolling function would not improve one iota.

You're so DESPERATE to be clever that, once again, you look
like a raging jackass.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-08 02:49:52 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by John Harshman
https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/752588012544770048
There. The 10 headers your mental illness said weren't there...
Now it's your turn. You want to pretend that you have some
point to make?  Make it. Stop merely PRONOUNCING and prove
it, for the first time in your useless life.
You didn't.
Post by John Harshman
Can't you enlarge the window?
Post by John Harshman
Great. Now try a little introspection.
What do you mean?  Give me some examples.
Now you pretend that asking about enlarging a window is an
example of a lack of introspection?
No, but this post is an example of your inability to read. Different
subject. The example of a lack of introspection is you being unable to
apply your point about insanity to yourself.
Post by JTEM
Look. You're dirt. You're massive fucked up and not just
stupid. Because, you moron, even if I enlarged the window
that would not nor could not improve it's ability to
scroll. The scrolling function would not improve one iota.
It would lessen the need for scrolling. How is that not obvious? And try
page down.
Just trying to help. Should have known you can't be helped.
JTEM
2024-06-08 05:07:52 UTC
Post by John Harshman
No, but this post is an example of your inability to read.
No it isn't. You're doubling down on your idiocy, again.
Post by John Harshman
Different
subject.
No. The subject never changed.
Post by John Harshman
The example of a lack of introspection is you being unable to
apply your point about insanity to yourself.
I asked for examples. You already failed twice. And, you think
you've succeeded twice.

Yeah, you're insane.

So give examples.
Post by John Harshman
Post by JTEM
Look. You're dirt. You're massive fucked up and not just
stupid. Because, you moron, even if I enlarged the window
that would not nor could not improve it's ability to
scroll. The scrolling function would not improve one iota.
It would lessen the need for scrolling.
No it wouldn't. Perhaps you meant the frequency but that's not
true either. Try to not be quite so mentally retarded and look
at the screen shot again.
Post by John Harshman
Just trying to help.
Lol! Now THERE is an example of a lack of introspection!

You can't possibly be such a loser that you set out to help,
and instead spewed your idiocy...
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-08 02:52:22 UTC
On 6/7/24 11:35 AM, JTEM wrote:

Meant to ask: What do you have against Stravinsky? Or was that perhaps a
type, and your real beef is with Lynyrd Skynyrd?
JTEM
2024-06-08 05:08:53 UTC
You never had to read much less reply, and look at how
many fits the collective has taken already.
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-08 14:48:00 UTC
Post by JTEM
You never had to read much less reply, and look at how
many fits the collective has taken already.
Curious: have you ever considered the possibility that there is no
collective, and that all the posters under different names actually are
different people? What evidence might you see for or against such a
possibility?
JTEM
2024-06-08 18:01:02 UTC
Post by John Harshman
Curious: have you ever
You didn't have to respond. Honest. And you're incapable
of an intelligent or civil response and then blame others
when you receive what you earned.

Did you count the number of headers? Hmm?

Try this: "I pretend my name is john harshman and I was
wrong again."
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5
John Harshman
2024-06-08 18:36:53 UTC
Post by JTEM
Post by John Harshman
Curious: have you ever
You didn't have to respond. Honest. And you're incapable
of an intelligent or civil response and then blame others
when you receive what you earned.
Did you count the number of headers? Hmm?
Try this:  "I pretend my name is john harshman and I was
wrong again."
Your problem with headers is that your window is too small. I suggested
both expanding the window and changing to a threaded display, both of
which would make more visible at a time. Why wouldn't that be helpful?
JTEM
2024-06-08 18:46:30 UTC
Your
How many more replies when the closest you came to an actual
response was denying the problem?

Seek help.
--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5