New Denisovan finds on the Tibetan plateau
RonO
2024-07-03 21:18:37 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/03/science/bone-analysis-denisovans-tibetan-plateau-scn/index.html

Denisovans may have inhabited the Tibetan cave between 32,000 and 48,000
years ago. It was around 10,000 to 25,000 years before the glacial
maximum, but it was likely still a hard place to live at 3200 meters
above sea level.

Ron Okimoto
JTEM
2024-07-03 21:58:50 UTC
Post by RonO
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/03/science/bone-analysis-denisovans-tibetan-plateau-scn/index.html
Denisovans may have inhabited the Tibetan cave between 32,000 and 48,000
years ago.  It was around 10,000 to 25,000 years before the glacial
maximum, but it was likely still a hard place to live at 3200 meters
above sea level.
Ron Okimoto
We're all brilliant here, or at least I am, so we know that if something
is true HERE then it is true THERE or it isn't science.

Right?

And your cite, above, says something pretty interesting...

: The discovery of DNA from sediment at the site, published a year
: later, provided more evidence that Denisovans had once called the
: area home.

Dirt. They took DNA from the dirt.

The human remains were so degraded that all that remained were a
jawbone with some teeth.

Compare that to Naledi.

This was a TERRIBLE environment for preserving human remains, all
of the skeleton accept for a jawbone with teeth had rotted away,
decomposed completely. The Naledi chamber was far more conducive to
preservation...

You get this, right?

And they pulled DNA out of the dirt! THE DIRT!
--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5