Herbig/Haro objects, solar system formation
Add Reply
panther2020
2024-04-22 00:25:59 UTC
A friend has asked me to post a few things on usenet. One involves
Herbig/Haro objectsand there are several opinions as to what a
Herbig/Haro object is. Some claim they are jets of material but a jet
of dust or plasma wouuld quickly dissipate in the near vacuum of space.
Another problem is that many images show nodules in the things so that
they look like bright little tomatoes on a skewer:

Another description of HH objects has them being roughly linear
Birkeland current pairs with stars forming up at the electromagnetic
pinch points where the current pairs cross. Those “Z-pinch” poiints do
have the power to agglomerate the plasma of space into more solid
objects and that would explain the nodules in the images.

The first of the things I’ve been asked to post involves a theory that
would have our own solar system forming up initially as such a
Herbig/Haro string with one main sequence star (our sun) and two dwarf
stars, Jupiter and Saturn:

https://steemit.com/cosmology/@gungasnake/ganymede-hypothesis-logic-and-images
erik simpson
2024-04-22 02:19:25 UTC
https://stsci-opo.org/STScI-01EVSZGSJ5PB7Y4FJAPT8H6GTT.png
Another description of HH objects has them being roughly linear
Birkeland current pairs with stars forming up at the electromagnetic
pinch points where the current pairs cross.   Those “Z-pinch” poiints do
have the power to agglomerate the plasma of space into more solid
objects and that would explain the nodules in the images.
The first of the things I’ve been asked to post involves a theory that
would have our own solar system forming up initially as such a
Herbig/Haro string with one main sequence star (our sun) and two dwarf
There's little mystery to HH objects. They do indeed represent bipolar
plasma jets from protostars, and the are indeed very transient.

Whomever asked you to cite the "steemit" link is either playing a joke
or is a fruitcake.